Bostik Australia Pty. Ltd. (‘Bostik’) respects the privacy of every individual who visits our website (‘Site’). We collect, store, use and disclose personal information to carry out our activities in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act).
What information do we collect?
Bostik collects personal information about you through our Site when voluntarily submitted by you. Visitors may choose to submit personal information to:
- enter contests;
- obtain information or assistance;
- submit a comment; or
- apply for a job vacancy at Bostik
If you do not want your personal information collected, please do not submit it to us.
We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- your name and contact details including email address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your company name and industry;
- your age and date of birth;
- details of products or services we have supplied to you;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- details of any enquiries you have made or issues you have raised with regard to our products or services, and our responses;
- information for the purpose of applying for a position with Bostik;
- information about how you access and use our Sites, such as device and network information, the type of browser you are using, your ISP and location;
- any other personal information provided by you or a third party.
Occasionally, we may collect technical information automatically when you connect to our Site. Such information does identify you personally. Such information includes the type of Internet Browser or the type of computer operating system you are using or the domain name of the website from which you linked to or visited our Site.
You may interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym, however this may prevent us being able
to deal with your enquiry, request or complaint adequately.
How we use your personal information
By using our Site you consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information
for the following functions or activities:
- to enable you to use our Sites effectively;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for analytics and market research in order to make improvements to our Site;
- to comply with our legal obligations; and
- to consider your job application.
With your express permission (on an opt-in basis), we may also use your personal information to send
you information and offers about our goods and/or services by post, email or telephone that we believe
may be of interest to you.
We also offer you an "opt-out" option at any time should you wish to cease receiving emails or other
information from us. If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to contact you, please use our contact
Sharing Your Information
We do not and will not sell or make available personal information about you to third parties other than
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- to third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics;
- to social media services such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn in order for us to communicate with you;
- where our business assets are transferred, or may be transferred, to another person;
- to our related entities in order to deliver our products and services to you, on a need-to-know basis only;
- to other third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
- where required or authorised by law.
It is possible that some of the above third parties store your information outside of Australia, under
foreign privacy laws that differ to those of Australia. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that any
overseas recipients of personal information do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles, please be
aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties.
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you, or to ask that we
correct your personal information, by contacting us using the details provided below. We will give you
access to your personal information and/or take reasonable steps to correct it within a reasonable
period after your request is made, if it is reasonable and practicable to do so and provided we are
prevented from doing so for legal reasons. If we refuse to grant you access to your personal information,
we will notify you in writing setting out the reasons your request was refused.
Links to other websites
Bostik Australia Pty. Ltd. websites may contain links to other sites and whilst we make every effort to
only link to sites that share our standards, we cannot be held responsible for the contents and privacy
policies of such sites. We recommend that you read the privacy policies of any linked websites.
Security measures are in place to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the information received from
our visitors to our Site, and to make such information as secure as possible against unauthorised access,
modification or disclosure.
Although we have security measures in place, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that
is transmitted to us online.
Age of Consent
Where individuals under the age of 16 register on our website for any purpose (including to enter a
competition or to request us to send information about our goods and services) we reserve the right to
request parental/guardian consent
Cookies are packages of data stored on a visitor’s browser or mobile device, to store information about
a user’s navigation and website use. Any personal information that you provide to us may be linked to
data stored in the cookie.
an optimised experience.
The types of cookies we use are functional and analytical cookies.
How to contact us
Bostik Australia Pty Ltd
Level 1, 6 English Street
address. Bostik will take reasonable steps to address your complaint within 30 days. If you are not
satisfied with our response, you may then address your complaint to the Office of the Australian
use, do not use this site.
Restrictions on use of Materials
This site is owned by Bostik S.A. and is protected, without limitation, pursuant to Australian and foreign
copyright and trademark laws. No material from this Site may be republished, uploaded, posted,
transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download copies of its contents on a single
computer for non-commercial use only. Modification of materials or use of the materials for any other
purpose is a violation of Bostik's copyright, trademark, and trade secret rights and others' proprietary
rights. Use of any such material on any other website is prohibited without written consent from Bostik
Australia Pty. Ltd.
Permission for Reprints
All material on bostik.com.au without limitation, is protected by Australian and foreign copyright and
trademark laws. In order to request permission to reprint any material on bostik.com (outside personal
or non-commercial use), please write to:
Bostik Australia Pty Ltd
Level 1, 6 English Street
or, complete the How Can We Help You? Customer Support online form.