TERMS & CONDITIONS
“BOSTIK SCHOOLS CAMPAIGN” PROMOTION
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Bostik Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 79 003 893 838) of Level 1, 6 English Street, Essendon Fields, Victoria 3041.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged between 5 and 13 years of age that are enrolled as a primary school student in an eligible school in Australia (“Entrant”). An eligible school is any primary school registered with the Department of Education and Training (whether public or private).
- Entries must be submitted on behalf of an Entrant by their parent/guardian, or by their teacher/office administration staff with consent of their parent/guardian (“Authorised Persons”).
- Entrants must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the Entrant entering this promotion.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences on 22/04/2019 and ends at 5:00pm AEST on 14/07/2019 (“Promotional Period”).
Method of Entry
- Entrants must create a fun and imaginative craft project using the quality range of Bostik products plus any other material needed (“Project”) and take a photograph (“Photograph) of their completed Project. The Photograph must not exceed 10MB in size.
- An entry may be submitted by a group of Entrants (where a group of two or more individuals attending the same Eligible School create and submit a single entry together), or an individual Entrant (where one individual creates and submits an entry on his/her own).
- An Authorised Person, must then, on behalf of the individual Entrant or group of Entrants visit https://bostiksmartschools.com.au/privacy, click the Upload Project page, and input the details as prompted in step 1 (Group or Individual entry, Age Group, Project Name, Project Information, Upload Image – maximum file size is 10MB) and click Next. Then input details as prompted (School name, Entrant name, Position, Phone, Email and click submit during the Promotional Period.
- Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be substantially unique; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age, Eligible School and place of residence). The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry or public voting process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
Judging of winners
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on creative merit of the Project and Photograph submitted.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be determined at the Promoter’s office, Level 1, 6 English Street, Essendon Fields, Victoria 3041 on 19/07/2019 at 11am AEST.
- The judges may select additional reserve entries that they determine to be the next best. The reserve entries will be recorded in order, and prizes may be awarded to those reserve entries if a prize winner is declared invalid or ineligible.
- Winners will be notified by email and phone, and announced on the Smart Schools website on 26/07/19.
- All prizes in this promotion will be awarded to the Eligible School in which the winning Entrant (or group of Entrants) is enrolled at the time of entering the promotion. Prizes are not awarded to the Entrants.
- The promotion has three (3) categories, based on age – 5-8 years, 9-10 years and 11-13 years.
- The best valid entry in each category, as determined by the judges, will win $5,000 to be awarded in the form of a cheque directly to the Eligible School in which the winning Entrant(s) are enrolled (as indicated on the winning entry).
- The second best valid entry in each category, as determined by the judges, will win a Bostik product pack to the retail value of $1,000, delivered directly to the Eligible School in which the winning Entrant(s) are enrolled (as indicated on the winning entry).
- In addition, there will be a people’s choice winner. The people’s choice winner will be the entry that receives the highest number of confirmed votes submitted online at the Smart Schools website during the Promotional Period. The people’s choice winner will win $3,000 to be awarded in the form of a cheque directly to the Eligible School which the winning Entrant(s) are enrolled (as indicated on the winning entry).
- Visitors to the site may vote for their favourite entries during the Promotional Period by filling out the details required on the website, which will include name and email address. Visitors may submit a maximum of one vote each day of the Promotional Period.
- Once the winning entries have been verified, the Promoter will notify the winning Eligible Schools and organise for the prize to be awarded. If for any reason a winning Eligible School does not take / redeem a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
- Total prize pool value is $21,000. Limit of one (1) prize per Eligible School applies. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Project and Photographs, and any other materials they submit to the promotion (“Content”). Entrants and Authorised Persons promise and warrant that:
- All details provided with their entry are true and accurate
- Content is original work created and owned by them and not previously displayed in public
- Content does not contain commercial words, art, photographs or images
- They have all the necessary rights and licenses to use any third party Content
- Content does not infringe the rights of a third party
- They will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent or which includes inappropriate or defamatory language, violence, sexual references or statements that, in the Promoter’s opinion, promote hatred or disrespect to any race, religion, community or gender
- Content does not contain viruses
- They consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe their moral rights
- They will indemnify the Promoter against loss and damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
- The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever.
- Entrants grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. Authorised Persons may be required to complete a separate written consent to these things on behalf of the Entrant.
Limitation of Liability
- To the full extent permitted by law (which does not affect your statutory rights and guarantees), the Promoter (including its officers, agents and employees) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability for:
- Any incorrect or inaccurate information
- Any technical error or third party interference that may occur in the course of administering the promotion
- Any claim that an entry is lost, late, or otherwise damaged in any way
- Any tax liability incurred by an Entrant or Eligible School
- any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to you or your property as a result of any person entering into the promotion, or accepting or using any prize including without limitation any non-receipt or damage to any prize
- The Authorised Person of each Entrant:
will ensure that the Entrant in respect of whom they agree to these Terms and Conditions, will comply with these Terms and Conditions;
warrants that the Entrant in respect of whom they agree to these Terms and Conditions, is not in breach of any term of these Terms and Conditions, and provides all the consents and warranties as required from each of them and the entrant in these Terms and Conditions, on the entrant’s behalf;
holds the Promoter harmless from any and all damage or loss arising from the promotion, and indemnifies the Promoter against any claims made by the Entrant, his or her guardian, any member of his or her family or any other party, against the Promoter in connection with the Promotion or the Entrant's participation in the promotion, and any loss or liability caused by an act or omission of the Entrant in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Data and Privacy
- All decisions made by the Promoter regarding the promotion are final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence with you.
- If for any reason the promotion is not capable of proceeding as planned, is interfered with, or disrupted in any way, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or cancel, terminate, suspend, modify or recommence the promotion.
- These terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
- If any provision of these terms is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable it will be severed from the remaining provisions which will continue in full force and effect.